A few weeks ago my daughter asked me if she could make cookies . I’ve been pinning different pudding cookie recipes on Pinterest for awhile now so I decided it’s time to finally give it a try. I will fully admit I don’t love pudding its more of a texture thing, but I thought it would be good in a cookie so I was curious to try it. I’m so glad we did because they might be our families new favorite cookie. They were so good and they have the perfect texture, a little crispy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside.
After making these cookies we found out who the cookie monster is in our house. Apparently my little boy took a few of the cookies in his lunchbox and had a “few” after school so when I came into the kitchen later that evening to discover that all the cookies were gone I asked who had eaten all the cookies, you could hear this little giggle in the other room and the truth came out that he had eaten most of the cookies. Let’s just say his sisters were not happy with him. He isn’t the only one who loves these cookies. We make these cookies at least once a week now but the girls have learned that they have to get them quick before their little brother gets to them first!!
The thing I like about these cookies is that you can add nuts, or raisins or M&M’s like we did. I have decided that anything is better with M&M’s. I think I’m going to need an intervention soon. I now have to avoid the aisle with the Easter candy at the grocery store, if I don’t the holiday M&M’s end up in my cart and I have somehow convinced myself that the holiday ones taste better????!!! YES THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini m&m’s (or more if you love them like me)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- First cream your butter and sugars until well combined. Next add your egg and vanilla and combine well.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt and mix together.
- Add flour mixture slowly to the liquid mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&M’s
- Place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 11-12 minutes until cooked through. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
After the cookies have cooled for the 10 minutes transfer them onto a cooling rack and pour yourself a tall glass of milk and eat two or three or four and start your diet tomorrow!!!